Thursday, November 24, 2011

thanksgiving24: Thanksgiving.

Give thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:20


The day is HERE! Happy Thanksgiving. On a day like today, it is hard to narrow down what I want to write about!

So, today:

I'm thankful that I laughed to tears last night.

I'm thankful that Austin still finds it appropriate to send texts without Sarah's knowledge to her boyfriend...and that Brandon loves my sister enough to not even question it, even if they are complete boy humor...and that my sister has enough sense of humor not to kill Austin after that.

I'm thankful that Austin answered our phone with "ello this is Juan..." 3 times and on 2 different phones before we finally confessed to my aunt that it was not Juan.

I'm thankful that my grandparents pulled up (as always) in my grandpa Elmo's car with a license plate that reads "TIKL ME".

I'm thankful that I can hear my mom in the kitchen singing, "You are good and Your mercy is forever," while she cleans the kitchen.

I'm also thankful that I could hear her singing, "Just keep breathing, keep, keep breathing, mom." to the tune of Leona Lewis' 'Bleeding Love' while she gave it her all on our family run. She didn't know anyone was listening.

I'm thankful that I woke up to a text from my sweet friend Anne wishing me a happy thanksgiving, and for all of the other texts today that have brought encouragement.

I'm thankful that my dad came home from Walmart with a new basketball and football, saying to my mom, "Thought this might keep the kids busy this afternoon," even if we are all in our 20's...and that 3 minutes later my sister walked in and said, "Yes!! I was hoping I could find a basketball!"

I'm thankful for sneak peaks of my friends sweet family memories that they post on facebook and twitter and blogs.

I'm thankful that I didn't have to work today.

I'm thankful for indoor soccer tournaments in the hallway.

I'm thankful that God satisfies all of my hearts desires.

I'm thankful that His timing is not my own...and yes, sometimes I have to say that out loud so that I believe it more.

I'm thankful for the unexpected phone call from some sweet friends, with their ((super)) exciting news that affirmed --- His timing is sweet and His plans are perfect!!


Added bonus:
A few blogs that encouraged me this evening:
Thankful for God's Timing - Ginger Ciminello
Chelsea's final Thanksgiving thoughts - Chelsea Williams
The Bible on Thanksgiving - Mark Driscoll

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Confession: I LOL-ed when I read the one about your mom! That's so funny!

    P.S. Thank you for calling me! I was at home, so I didn't call back, but I will soon!! I can't wait to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that I just randomly found this post and was encouraged by it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. I'm so glad! I haven't looked at this site in forever & I'm happy I saw this comment! Love reading your blog on occasion and being encouraged through a "friend" I've yet to meet.

      Delete