Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thanksgiving23: unexpected generosity.


The end is in sight...one more day, one more post til Thanksgiving! (Are you tired of these posts yet?)

Today, on this fine Thanksgiving Eve, I'm thankful for:
unexpected generosity. 


Some specific examples:
  • For the anonymous woman who faithfully donates to my school when I call, no questions asked--this month she helped a homeless family move into a home.
  • For the Biker Chicks of Hurst who called me offering to buy Christmas for 50 of my students.
  • For my parents who surprised me, my sister and sister-in-law with a trip to New York City with my mom in mid-December! Why? because it's my sister's 21st birthday, because it's the last few months Lauren only has one child, because they know it hasn't been the easiest semester, and just because they love us!
  • For Susan who made me an awesome CD to make my heart happy on the way to/from places. I listen often.
  • For all of the people who keep bringing me clothes for the clothes closet.
  • For the people who donated Thanksgiving dinner to some of my families.
  • For the kids who slide notes and pictures under my door at school unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment