Thursday, December 22, 2011

New York City.


I spent four incredible, fun, expensive days in NYC with 3 people I love to death! We stockpiled memories for a lifetime. I love being a Staats girl! Sarah and Lauren truly are 2 of my closest friends, and I still live with the hope of being just like my mama!


This girl is 21 now!! I can't get over how grown-up and wise and beautiful she is! If she's 21, that means I'm about to be 26!! My prime is flashing before my eyes! Ugh.


For the time being though, I'll focus on the positives: moments like these where I can walk down the street, joyfully laughing and singing with Lauren by my side. I'll think of memories of our perfectly awkward conversation over ice cream or playing truth or dare with Sarah. I'll replay the image of my mom talking to practically every stranger that might be able to point us to some authentic NYC experience and somehow becoming their new best friend. I'll try on the new clothes we purchased (again) just for fun! I'll google Sister Act on Broadway so I can see another glimpse of those sparkly nuns. I'll try to find my Ice-Skate Barbie because I'm convinced she came to life on the stage of the Rockettes performance. I might even try on my Elf costume from Sing 2008 and pretend I'm on stage with the Rockettes too. I'll look through the pictures Sarah posted on facebook over and over to relive the memories I hope I never, ever forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment